Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Gorgeous Day, Gorgeous Pony

 Awwww Danimal was sweet today. I like Trazadan! :) 

They let me sleep in a little bit today. I eventually got up and put him in the roundpen with Lyric while I did stalls after feeding them. I went inside for breakfast and... looked out the window and saw Dan grazing with Funny and Fleck right in front of the barn. Um.... dangit sir!! YOU HAD A FRIEND! I went out and poor Lyric was standing at the gate like "Umm... what about me?". Oh baby girl.. it's okay.

 So I freed her and put Dan and Fleck back in their stalls with their hay. Then I finished up and took Funny for a ride. When I got back, I took Dan to the arena for some homework. But we grazed for a good bit too. When we got to the arena Lyric was next to us and just walked on in too, so I let her. She wandered around and chewed on the groundpoles and cavalettis while Dan and I worked. He was good. He got lots of good releases today. We just did pillar walking and walked over the poles. 

 


 

When we finished... I figured... why not? I turned him loose and went to work Lyric. He mostly sat under the shade but wandered around a little bit. At one point he came up to us and was hanging out with us. Hee hee. He's such a goober but oh my goodness do I love him!! I didn't do a ton with Lyric because she was footsore without her shoe. After I let her loose again and haltered Dan for the walk back home. Lyric didn't come with us so Dan and I did the hill a few times trying to get her to come. She didn't, so.. we eventually walked back in and got her. I looped the lead rope around her neck and led them both. We grazed a good bit more while we meandered back because it was just so gorgeous out! A nice breeze... great blue sky.. clouds that looked like a kid had drawn them in the sky... green grass! 


So then it was close to time for Patrick to come put the shoe back on and the petsitter to show up to see how to do things. So I got the manure spread and let them hang out in their stalls to drink and cool off. Then Patrick came and put his shoe back on and the petsitter came and met everyone. And then... Mike told me that he had someone coming tomorrow to bush hog the fields. So... that meant that everyone had to be locked in stalls so... I had to clean and prep all 4. So... screw it. I fed them all dinner, including Dan's 18 trazadone and then... I just turned him out in the middle pasture with everyone. I told him as long as he was just grazing, he could go out and graze. And he did. Just quiet and calm. He's been out there for about 2 hours now so I'll bring him in soon for the night. And then tomorrow he'll have all 4 ponies stuck inside with him. Then on Thursday we leave for surgery #2!

 



Oh, and yesterday on our walk... he was smelling the poor dead frog in the air conditioner. Gross buddy! (and again, I'm so sorry froggo!)

 

I ran across this today and thought it was appropriate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment