Thursday, October 5, 2023

Still resting

 Today was still Dan's rest day so... no riding. But he was at least turned back out. Of course when I took the manure spreader out they came to investigate. And then I hopped off to spray those rogue bradford pears that were trying to sneak back up and they were all being nosy and on top of the tractor. When I started it back up they all took off. He looked pretty happy and comfortable. :) 

Hopefully on Saturday I can take him for an easy trail ride. (Not a fitness field day of fun!). And then Sunday I'll probably be busy packing and then he'll get a whole week off, so... I'll probably be in for one heck of a ride come Monday! 

I'm hoping hoping hoping (and praying) that he's just due for his injections vs tapping out because of the work load. It's like everytime I get to training level eventing and start toying with 3rd level dressage... he falls apart. But at least this time I know that I've done everything I can for his neck and stifle and maybe, just maybe, it really is just time for his stifle maintenance. And we can at least maintain the current work load for a bit rather than having to back off. But we shall see I guess. 



No comments:

Post a Comment