Thursday, October 19, 2023

Non-sweaty ride

 The weather was glorious today! And because Dan was clipped (albeit the worst clip of his life!!), he didn't even get that sweaty! Just on his face, which isn't clipped yet. ;) We had a pretty good ride. 

This morning the farrier came for Fleck and Funny and then I had to go to the grocery store. And then I had lunch with Peri and Liz and Kelli so by the time I got home, it was 4:30. So I just rode at home. Which, is amazing! I love that I have an arena! With good footing!

We walked up there and did our pillar walking and the lateral side step. Then I hopped on and we did our reaching for the bit stretchy walk and trot. And then we went to work. I still feel like I feel something every once in a blue moon with him. And now it almost feels like the front end...Ugh. But I don't know. It's so hard to tell. And it's so inconsistent. And very shortlived. So yay for that I guess. We played with leg yields and half pass at the trot and even got a really nice lovely flowing half pass one way! We played with canter transitions. And again, his canter feels very collected and up and through! He just can't hold it long. And then we had an awesome medium trot that started out of a shoulder in. Good boy! We then worked on our sitting trot and then he started to get a little tired and got a bit heavy on the forehand and rushy. I did a bit more because... sadly, I'm me. But we finished on a good note. Good boy! I am wondering if I should pull out the equicore and start warming up with that. (Just don't forget to take it off after our warm up!). 

The ritetrak came today too so we started that. It'll be interesting to see if that helps his crankiness with being groomed and stuff. If not, maybe I should do another round of gabapentin?? Or maybe it's just him?? I don't know. I'm starting to panic again a bit. 

But tomorrow we go get his feet xrayed and then reshod. Oh, and we're supposed to scope him again. His cough is SOOOO much better under saddle. The last few rides he didn't cough at all. And today it was only 3 times and only in the beginning. I have heard him cough when eating though and it still sounds mucousy. Hmmmm...















No comments:

Post a Comment