Saturday, July 23, 2022

SOOOOOO bored!

 So, Danny really needs to go back to work soon! He's getting chubby and bored! ha!

This morning I was woken up at 6ish to a weird clanking noise. I figured it had to be him but I couldn't figure out how he was making the noise. I tried to just go back to sleep, but... nope. I finally got up to go investigate. Of course as soon as he saw me he stopped, so no video or photo proof, but... He had found the stall chain and was twirling it, causing the clip to smack against the wall repeatedly. Ugh... Dan! 

Between that and the drag racing he and Funny are doing... he's so ready to go back to work. We did a tiny bit of pillar work this morning. He's gotten a little naughty about it. I think my peppermint treats are super addictive because he's been mugging me when we do the pillar work now. So... no more clicker work for a hot minute. Or at least not with the peppermint mega treats! I'll save those for really good work. We did manage to get some good pillar work done. Even pillar 3/leads on the lunge. Although he was fresh and kept trotting and cantering. I did manage to get him to stop straight a few times too. Then I rinsed him off and turned him loose. They are all so sweaty and slimy and nasty because it's been so hot!

I'm thinking tomorrow I might load him up and take him to Ashland and just walk him in hand to the lake and let him splash and swim and play. We shall see. We'll do pillar work first too. 

Fingers crossed that he gets the all clear for saddle work on August 4th!












No comments:

Post a Comment