Sunday, July 17, 2022

Good homework day!

 So today was a good day! I left the treats and clicker at the barn as I felt like he was getting a little greedy. (Which is why Meg likes hay instead of alfalfa pellets, but I don't have a hay bag yet!). We got some pretty good work right from the get go. He thought about rolling a few times but didn't. We got some yawns and some processing. I even got some good pillar 2 work. Then he did go down and roll and just laid there. For about 4 minutes. I almost thought I broke him. But then he hopped up and picked up the carrot stick on his own. Ha ha. Guess you're ready buddy. We did a tiny bit more, but he went to processing mode again. So then after a bit, I pulled him into the shade and let him think some more. Then we finished with a nice strong pillar 1 in walk all the walk back to the gate and then a few pillar 2 adn 3's and we were done. He was so good!

Then later I tried to hose them off since it was so hot. Ha ha. It wasn't quite as effective as it could have been. ;) 

Then again tonight, him and Funny were running while I was bush hogging. ACKKKKK. It makes me nervous, but at the same time, I am NOT about to do stall rest any longer. And the surgeon said "turn out for 2 months and then back to work", so... he didn't say "turn out as long as he's not running". But then the other surgeon said don't canter for 8 months... although I'm not sure if he meant under saddle or what. But... oh well. It's in Gods hands. I've got to do what works best for me and the pony and if it takes longer or doesn't work... well, honestly, I'll regret it, but... how does one know?!?! 

But he looked good and happy. There were a few moments of bunny hopping/both legs together, but he was also squirting off. The rest of the canters looked normal and appropriate. So... I'll just keep praying!
















No comments:

Post a Comment