Sunday, July 24, 2022

Field Trip!

 Today was a good day! Dan woke me up again twirling the chain around. Argh! But I'm glad he's having fun. I guess. ;) I got them fed and then Mike and I went for a bike ride and breakfast. Then I dragged the arena and then spread manure. Then I had lunch. Then I went to Walmart. (Ugh.. that was not fun, but groceries had to be gotten). Then I finished the last of the rosemary spray. (Becky had given me a ton of fresh rosemary. Supposedly, if you cook it in water in the crock pot for 4 hours and then put it in the fridge and spray their tail base daily, it'll help them grow a nice luscious tail. So, we're gonna try it. I got 4 spray bottles full!). Then I planted one more lantana plant I bought at Walmart. Then I grabbed Dan and we headed for a field trip. :) We've been so bored I decided that we would go to Ashland and walk to the lake. So we did!

 

He was soooo dirty, so excuse the dirty pony pictures. But he was super! We walked all the way to the lake, and even jogged a little bit. Like... less than 20 steps cause I've got NO cardio! We worked on our pillar work while we walked and he was super. It helps that he is a bloodhound and was sniffing the ground most of the way too. But we halted and then I asked him to rock back too and he did. It was a nice break from the arena. We had fun. Then we got to the lake and I let him splash. I told him to not drown himself because... the obvious, but also, his insurance has lapsed! hee hee. But I did start to panic about him getting tangled in the rope vs me taking the rope off and having him go running amuck! Luckily he decided that splashing was enough and he didn't need to swim. Which, would have been therapeutic, but oh well. He splashed and I got in with him, up to my crotch. It was hot! 

Then we hiked back and took the long way home, around the other lake. Then he got a rinse. Good gravy he was filthy!!!! I couldn't even get him clean he was so dirty. But yay! Fun day and it was nice to do something different. :) And it was nice to have good pillar work too.












No comments:

Post a Comment