Saturday, September 17, 2022

Overcoming: Surrender vs Settle

 I was on the struggle bus this morning. Last night when Dan went running off in the pasture he looked lame. Like, really lame. And of course, then he busted off galloping around, but... I panicked. I don't know if I'm hormonal and extra emotional... If I'm just exhausted.... or what. But... I was so upset this morning. I was worried about Dan and despite praying, I just felt like .... I don't know... I felt like if Dan was lame.. .it was over. Like.. I've done everything I can... there's nothing left for me to do... And that's sort of stupid, because... We could try steroid injections again... he hasn't been adjusted recently... there's time... And most importantly... God. So I prayed. I prayed hard again. I apologized for being silly and being so upset about my horse. I apologized that I was so obsessed with this that it had the ability to push me to tears and shut down. I apologized that I was so upset over something so... priveledged! And I apologized for not trusting and quite frankly, being a little mad at God. And I prayed that He would heal him. But also, that if it wasn't His will, that He would give me peace. And give me grace and time to recover from not getting what I wanted. Because I *know* that ultimately it will all be okay. But at the moment, it hurts. And I'm sad and worried and upset. And I know God will forgive me for that. And I remembered all the times that God has come through for me. And I tried to keep that in mind. So I prayed for peace and comfort despite what may or may not happen. And also... I prayed that He would fix him anyway. 

Then I decided to take both Dan and Funny to Ashland. And while I was hauling there I decided to check again to see if any new sermons had been uploaded to the website. I was all caught up on the prophecies ones, which were so good. But they hadn't posted any new ones in a few weeks. But lo and behold they had posted 3 new ones this morning. (Or at least since the last time I checked). Gods' timing...  The first one was "Overcoming" and it was good. There was a lot more to it, but.. it talked about how we can accomplish big things by doing the small things with God first. If we know God, we can trust God. But we also don't need to limit God based on what He's done before. He can do big things. And.. I can't remember all the details, but... His perfect timing. It hit home. And it made me feel better. And it was so much more than that but I'm TERRIBLE at discussing sermons. I never do them justice. But it was good and it was great timing!

   

We hit the trails and had a nice time! We went exploring and did some hills. We saw two deer, two coyotes, and a fox squirrel. And we saw where the beavers had been beavering. And I was feeling a little better but still fairly sad. So when we hit the field beside Halfshire... I decided to trot. And he was sound!!!!! Praise God. Thank you for hearing my prayer. And I know it doesn't mean that he will stay sound, but... it gave me back my hope. Which means a lot. Thank you God. I'm so grateful. He felt a bit loose and weak but he settled and we had a lovely trot around the field. Then we carried on and did another trot in the tall grass before the wire balls. Ahhhhh.

 



We finished up and I took them both in the arena separately to work. Danny was super and didn't get stressed at all about Funny being back in the trailer. Although he did grab the lead rope once and turned and dragged me a little. Doh! But, even with the bit on the cavesson, there were no tongue issues. And no tongue issues on the trail ride, even with the wonder bit and the looser figure 8 bridle. YAY! Maybe it was ulcers.. or pain from his stifle? Or both. Regardless, yay! He still looked sound too, even on the circle. We didn't lunge long but we did our homework. 

     

After we got home I had lunch and then went out to work Lyric. And then I decided to try ponying her since Mike was still gone. So poor Dan... I caught him and put his bridle back on and hopped on bareback and made him pony her around the pasture. She was good. We even trotted. And Funny tagged along too. Hee hee. Then it went so well, I thought... why not!? So I hopped off and took them both out of the pasture, hopped back on, and we headed down the neighborhood. We went to the tennis courts and back. Dan was super. He just chugged along. Even when Lyric got a little jiggy and kept slamming into us, he just carried on. GOOD BOY!



 

Maybe that will occupy his brain enough to stop some shenanigans! Even after all his antics yesterday he came in with ONE single fly boot on this morning. Ha ha. I did find one in the round pen... and then the other two I saw up by the water trough and hay feeder when we were ponying practicing. Doh! I do love him. I do hope that God heals him and we can do all the things... We've still got fox hunting and cow chasing to add to his repertoire. 

 


And tonight... I came across a post that also made me smile...  God hears us!
Evening Blessing: May you remember that settling is not the same as surrendering. Sometimes we suffer enough life-blows that it takes the wind right out of our sails. We’ve settled because we’ve stopped dreaming. To settle into your circumstances is to give up hope that things will ever change. To settle is to lose sight of the promise written over your life; it’s to lose sight of God’s activity in your midst. To surrender, on the other hand, is to look to the One who holds the stars in place, and to trust Him to do what only He can do. To surrender is to believe that God cares, listens, and moves on every act prompted by your faith. When you surrender to God in your circumstances, you embrace forward moving faith while trusting God in the now. Jesus wants to breathe fresh life into your sails. He intends to impart fresh dreams to your soul. He’s all about renewal, refreshment and redemption. Don’t settle. Surrender it all to Him and keep believing for miracles. #SusieLarsonBlessings
Psalm 27:13 (NLT) ~ Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment