Friday, September 16, 2022

So Much Danimal!

 Oh my!! Dan was in fine form tonight!

I got home from work early enough that I could have ridden but I was tired and ended up ordering a bemer blanket for a friend, so yay! And then Mike and I went on a bike ride for an early dinner, so... I didn't ride. But after we had dinner I fed the ponies and the dogs and then was snuggling with Dan in the stall. I noticed his chest looked a little puny so I grabbed the lead rope for a tiny bit of pillar work. 

We went to the roundpen and he was a good boy. We just did pillar 1 and 2 and walking in pillar 1. He was good, other than trying to chew the leadrope. We got lots of yawns even. We did a tiny bit of pillar 3 and at this point he was getting a little ridiculous with the chewing on the lead rope, but was being good and we had accomplished a good bit, so I called it quits and took his halter off and went and grabbed Lyric. I left him in the roundpen but the gate was open. He hung out in there and when I brought Lyric in there, he stayed in there. After about 10 minutes of working her, he came over and started to harass us. He was chewing on my bum, chewing on my belt... no teeth, just lipping. When I shooed him off from me... he started to grab the lead rope. Good gravy! After a bit he got a good hold of it and then wandered off, taking Lyric with him. I'll be honest, I let him a little bit. I watched and giggled and then decided to save Lyric. Poor girl!

 


I took the rope from his mouth and went back to working with her and he kept at it. So I finally just took the lead rope off. But then he started to twirl it and I was really concerned that the big snap was going to clonk one of us on the head and cause an injury. So I got it back from him. He shot me a look and then proceeded to immediately grab his fly boot off and play with it. "Fine, you took my toy... I'll make my own toy"! Daniel!!! After her played with that a minute or two, he decided to come flap it at Lyric. At this point I decided to quit with Lyric as she was being terrorized and she had been good. I turned her loose and grabbed the fly boot. Dan decided to head out in the pasture and was angry stomping the ground. I did manage to put his boot back on and tossed him his dog toys to play with. They aren't that fun anymore apparently. He flung it a few times and then walked off. And this all happened within like... 8 minutes total! 




Then I opened the gate to the middle field and all 3 went in there and charged around. Goobers!

And... sadly.. when Dan first trotted off in the middle field he looked pretty darn lame. NOOOOOOooooo... Why?! Dan! Why?!?! Ugh. Of course then he went galloping around like a fool, so... I'm sure adrenaline, but.. he seemed so happy and playful earlier, it's hard to think he would be that playful if he hurt. Ugh... Guess I'll find out tomorrow when we go ride. My original plan was to take Funny on a trip, but.. Although I suppose I still can. I can trot with her and then put her on the trailer. He won't be quite as soft and loose with her screaming for him on the trailer, so it may be a little tough to tell, but... maybe I can still figure it out. Sigh. I really really hope I'm wrong. 





No comments:

Post a Comment