Friday, September 10, 2021

Relaxing Day with Funny

 

I figured that Dan didn't need a whole week off... because then I might die! But, he also deserved some time off and quite frankly, I'm still exhuasted! So he got Mon, Tues, and Wed off and then today we went for a nice walk with Funny. He felt great though! Better than me. He was ready to go and was in beast mode. But he was good. Not as agitated as he was the last time we took Funny. They were playing a little bit mid walk too. We just trekked around and ended up at the lake. I took his saddle off in case he wanted to swim, but he didn't. He got plenty wet though. And Funny rolled again. After the lake I tacked back up and we took Funny down the bank, up the bank, over the ditch (even the BN one) and then into the water again. Then we even jumped 2 little logs in the field. He was a good boy. 

Then we got home and he got to chill for a bit and then Freddie came. He was sleeping pretty much most of his shoeing. But suddenly.... I'm so embarassed and mortified! I don't know why but he really doesn't seem to like Freddie. He lunged at his head with his teeth bared! He didn't get him, and it was like before Freddie or I even reacted he realized what he had done and pulled back. Then he hit the end of the crossties and pulled back hard enough to break both hay strings... so then he backed up down the barn aisle... took out the muck cart and then went in the front yard. I thought he'd let me catch him easily enough, but nope! That effer took off down the front yard, then crossed the street and went galloping around Eddie's yard... took a poop in the middle of their yard. Then galloped off again... then went across the culdesac, up Jeans' driveway... then tried to go around Jean's perimeter, but then came back... trotting across freshly dug up dirt where they were laying pipes for the bunkhouse.. then finally stopped to flirt with Jewel and let me catch him. Meanwhile he's got nails not clamped down on all four feet and the two cross ties flying around. He must have smacked himself in the nose with one because he was a little torn up and bleeding. Seriously Dan... what the heck?! You CANNOT do that to people! I'm surprised Freddie was willing to work on him after that. It's just rude. 

Sigh... Hopefully we'll ride Friday or Saturday. I got my second covid shot today too and already my arm hurts so bad. But I might get off early enough tomorrow to sneak in a ride. 










No comments:

Post a Comment