Friday, September 24, 2021

Frustrations....

 Frustrating lesson. Dan would JUST NOT go into the right rein tracking left. We fought... I tried my best to maintain the connection but insist he go forward into the contact, but... it took a long time and lots of kicking and smacking with the whip. Sigh. And then I cried. So Rana got on and she had the exact same struggles. He would go beautifully to the right and she even had an amazing half pass right... but going left.. he just said no. So... now I'm wondering if it's his neck again. He kept biting at his shoulder when we started and has been for the past few rides. Even on previcox. But he was just injected back in May. :( Sigh... And I know, maybe it's different vertebra, but.. at what point do I give up? Sigh... 

We did do some cool walk exercises when I started... Ride a square... turn on the haunches in the corners, then turn on the forehand in the middle, and continue on. 

But yeah... sigh...

Guess I'll do some more diagnostics and maybe more injections on Tuesday when we do his hocks and stifles. Although honestly, he looked fantastic behind today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment