Sunday, May 16, 2021

Fitness quickie

 Too much dressage lately, so Dan and I needed a breather. I've been non-stop and this weekend was no different. After working 12 hours Friday, I volunteered to scribe at Ashland's show Saturday, which meant another long day. I left at 8:30 am and got home at 6ish... and then hung out with Mike so I didn't get to ride. Today Dan had his massage with Kathleen at 1, so we got up early to go ride. I still had to hitch up too, but we managed to get to Ashland and had time for a 1.5 hour ride. So yay! We just did fitness. We mostly hacked at the walk but we did do a 10 minute trot, followed by two 3 minute canters. Then we did a little sprint. It was fun. Then we walked some more. And then we jumped two small jumps and the ditch. Then we headed to Athens to meet Kathleen and then home. Another long day. As will be tomorrow. But finally Tuesday I will have a bit of a breather! Freddie in the am and then a jump lesson with Jacel. :) Then back to dressage. ;) 










We loved all the gallop lanes that they had mowed. And.. we were tempted by the new XC combo. ;) ha ha! It was a HUGE tree! Although had that extra little trunk not been attached, it might have been an acceptable prelim jump. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment