Sunday, May 2, 2021

Super Saturday

What a beautiful day! I decided to ride at home so that I could accomplish more things, including taking Funny for another neighborhood spin. We had a great time. I had drug the arena the other night and Jean hadn't set up any more jumps, but... I decided maybe I wanted to jump a little since we had done dressage for two days in a row... so we did. I set up a corner and set the grid back up. And then I set up the "floating x" jump that a few people had talked about. We planned to do some flat work too so I didn't set too much up. Also, I didn't want to overdo it in case I was able to get a lesson with Jacel this week. Although the weather is not going to cooperate for Tuesday it seems. 

So off we went! We warmed up and did some flat work but then we just decided to jump instead of doing more dressage. It's hard to dressage in a jump saddle and two days of sitting and core work were enough. ;) So we started off over the two stride, which was set low-ish. He was super. So then we aimed for the floating X. And he was perfect! Then we added in the corner and bless him... the first time we got to it I totally jumped up his neck a whole stride out. He jumped it anyways. I ended up setting the two stride up to a 3'3" oxer on the back side and I think a 3' vertical in the front. The first time through we pulled the vertical down but after that he was perfect! We nailed it. Unfortunately, pivo got lost and didn't get it so I had to make him do it again so we could have proof. And then we tipped the rail... so we had to do it again. Poor guy. He's such a trier. He had fun too! 





Then we went and got sissy and went for a hack around the neighborhood! It was a great fun day. The cows were out at the 1080 loop so Dan and Funny had a little look at them. He definitely walks faster then her, but she trots up with him. She's almost faster than him at the trot! 




It was a great day and I'm so proud of both my pony and me. We jumped those jumps by ourselves without a coach and we mostly did well. I just remembered what Jacel has taught me recently, combined with all the other things other great coaches have taught me and off we went. I'm proud too because I even set that jump up high and didn't freak out! yay!










No comments:

Post a Comment