Thursday, April 8, 2021

Hard Labor is Hard

I've been craving a day at Hard Labor. So... today we went! I was so frustrated earlier in the day and itching to get out, so it was so good to get out. Unfortunately I was a bad Mom. Dan felt a little sticky in the beginning and I briefly wondered if he had a rock stuck, but he's got pads on 3 of his four feet and I felt the stickyness in the right front most, which has a pad, so.. we carried on. He just was a little behind my leg, but it was a fairly warm day and Hard labor is HARD! We picked the 8.8 mile loop which has a lot of hills! Dan got rolling and felt pretty good about half way in, so I thought maybe he was just a little tired from the week, or just not sure where we were going. It was a pretty day and we didn't run into anyone on the trails. Well... no people! We did have a stand off with a vulture-ish bird and saw a bunch of deer. It was a great work out and by the end, Dan was in beast mode. :) 

Except, I should have checked his foot because when we finished he did have a rock in his frog! Ooops. Shame on me. :( Hopefully it won't create a bruise. And we did have fun. I am thinking I need to do this every other Sunday to keep us fit! 








No comments:

Post a Comment