Thursday, April 15, 2021

Busy Day!

 Psheweeeeeee! (Is that how you spell that?!) Hee hee. Today was a really busy day, but yay for accomplishing things! I took Emma to Erin this morning to get her eyelid mass lopped off (because I don't have drugs anymore, or suture, or proper holders, etc) and... when I looked at it, I thought that we probably didn't need to do anything at this point as it was shrinking. Sure enough Erin agreed and we weighed her and Erin listened to her heart and then we went home. ;) Then I went and finished moving the jumps out of the arena. That was a chore! But my workout for the day. :) Then I cleaned stalls and had lunch. And then I decided... what the heck... since the grader wasn't here yet, I might as well go ride! So I did. We didn't ride very long (well, almost 45 min) but it was a pretty good ride. We worked on keeping him in front of my leg without the spur (because, quite frankly, I didn't have my spurs on! ha ha.. but also because.... I overuse my spur). We tried to working on quick hind legs and making him snappy. We also played a little bit with the haunches in at the canter and it seemed better! We even got a teeny start of a half-pass to the left today! We also did some more canter to walk to canter transitions. We still have a trot step or two in a lot of them. But... #progressnotperfection. 

Then I bemered his legs and rinsed him off and turned them back out as Taylor was coming to trim Funny and Fleck. Plus I didn't want to be riding around the neighborhood when the grader showed up with the bobcat! 





No comments:

Post a Comment