Thursday, April 8, 2021

Easter Blessings

Today was Easter. I didn't go to Church. I didn't even listen to the sermon, because... I didn't time it right and my internet sucks and I meant to listen to it later, but never did. But I DID spend a lot of time today thanking Jesus and God. And contemplating on Jesus's sacrifice and how he just did it, despite knowing how awful it would be. And I am grateful. I am grateful for all of it. For the big things, for the little things. So today, I embraced joy and had a great day. 

We had plans to go to Mike's moms so I rode early. It was a beautiful day! Dan and I took Funny up to the arena with us. He's such a good big brother and I even managed to get him and her inside the gate and get the gate closed again without having to get off!! I'm impressed. :) So then we wandered around the arena a bit, walked over some poles, and did some turning. Then I decided to trot. He was super and so was she. Yay!!! After that I managed to get her out of the gate while keeping him in the gate and let her loose. Poor Dan had to stay in and work. Hee hee. But we had fun. We did our flatwork and worked on getting his haunches in at the canter. Man is it hard! Trotting isn't too bad, but it's really hard at the canter, especially to the left. He just can't hold it and breaks. But I remembered to reward the try and am trying to be stronger in my body to make it easier on him. We had fun and it was a good ride. 

I was able to get in a shower and get pretty and we headed to Mom's. It was a pretty day and it was good to see the family. And I got jelly beans. 


 


I love this goober! He also pooped underneath my japanese maple right after we posed for photos. ;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment