Sunday, September 20, 2026

Sassy butt!

 Daniel was NAUGHTY today!! 

 

We met up with Sharon and Baylor and went for a nice long hack. I did a "dress rehearsal" and put on one of our outfits to see if it was going to work for regionals. Sharon, Kelli and Cindy all liked it. I'm not 100% convinced but... I don't know what to do to make it better and honestly, I've spent WAY TOO MUCH money on "outfits" already and keep getting mismatched pieces that don't work in one big outfit. So... I'm just going to have to accept it and move on. But Sharon got some photos for me and she liked it in person too. It was too hot to wear long sleeves so I took my shirt off and just rode in my tank top for the actual ride. 

 

We had a good ride and hit some trails we haven't done in awhile. We trotted some too. Sharon wanted to be in front for a bit because Baylor was creeping up on Dan. So I let her. And then Baylor was walking slow and Dan was creeping up on him. Which was fine.. until we trotted. Dan kept putting his head down and bucking. Sir.. just stop! You are old enough to know better and just.. stop! You can't always have it your way! I was frustrated with him and Sharon offered to let us lead again, but... you've got to learn Dan! So we kept at it. And it was very little trotting. But at the end we did some more and we had to duck under a tree branch and Dan... took advantage and as I ducked onto his neck, he put his head down and bucked, which threw the horn into my boobs! Argh!! It didn't hurt that bad but it did hurt. And tonight I had a red rub mark from it. But we survived. I was mad enough though that as Sharon trotted off I made him halt and back up.. and then trot... and then he kept wanting to run to catch up, so we were jigging sideways. But I'm sorry sir.. you can't have it your way all the time. This isn't Burger King!! 

 

So we were pretty much finished riding at that point as we were trotting up the backside of the stadium arena and ended up back in the parking lot. I told Sharon that I needed to go in the arena briefly because he couldn't end on that. But also, I had already mentioned (even before he was naughty) that I wanted to go run through my test just once if the arena was open. So we did that. He was a little sad he had to leave his friend, but he was good. And there were no shenanigans. So we ran through the test once or twice and did a tiny bit of additional work. I added two canters and then we were done. I did make him do another solo trail ride just around pyteradactyl lake and he trotted quite politely and softly. 

 
Twit! But we did have fun otherwise. 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment