Sunday, September 13, 2026

Easy Mode

 

Poor Dan... he got picked again today. I was actually going to ride Lyric at home in the morning but she had a fat hock that was oozing slightly. So I opted to cold hose her and turn her back out. She looked sound though, so yay! I bush hogged instead. And then Sharon and I had made tentative plans to go ride, so I debated Dan or Funny. Funny probably would have liked it and probably needed it more than Dan. Especially since Dan got hauled to Aiken and back yesterday and then had a hard ride Friday and then a hard ride last Tuesday. BUT... my beautiful paracord mecate reins came in yesterday and I wanted to try them out. Mostly because I'm being naughty and now I want a turquoise pair and she said she could get them to me before October 1st, but... I had to make sure I liked riding in them too. Turns out, I do. :) And he looked so good. So I decided to take him. Plus, he deserved a nice long walk ride. After his hard days. I was hoping I'd have enough time to take Funny back out later, but alas, I did not. 

 

 

We ended up going to Charlie Elliot so that I could maybe not spend as much in gas and get back quicker to ride Funny, but... by the time we got our lives organized and got to Charlie Elliot, it was almost 3 pm. So.. we ran out of time. Well, technically not I guess, but I opted to ride my ebike with Mike instead of riding Funny and then we went to dinner. I've got the week mostly off though so I'll ride the girls tomorrow!

   

Sharon and I had a fun ride. And I do like those reins. They are a bit stiffer than the yacht reins, but equivalent to the mohair ones but not scratchy. And granted, I didn't do dressage in them, but I don't think it'll matter. We walked most of the way but did a little bit of trotting, mostly because I just was trying to be a little quicker but I also wanted to make sure he wasn't sore from the last two days. He wasn't! Yay! The bugs weren't too bad either today. I did double spray Dan with the Toad mist stuff. Equine Shield.. whatever it's called now. He did have two times where he kicked up at his belly, but only two. So that was helpful. They still don't have the water on, but I had filled up my tank so we could sponge them off. Dan was still sweaty because it was still HOT and HUMID today. I was giggling because before I could pull his saddle off today, he turned to scratch an itch and when he did, his belly started dripping from the girth area... like a lemon being squeezed out. ha ha. Silly boy!


 

 

Oh, and earlier this morning, when I went ot catch Lyric, I caught him scratching has hiney on the tree branch. That's the best branch ever! Ha ha. All of them have been scratching themselves on it. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment