Today I did the cavaletti clinic with Lyric in the morning and then after we got home, I grabbed Dan and headed to Ashland to meet Sharon.
We took a moment to look at my "outfits" for the show. She's so nice and offered to let me use either of her green breastcollars, but good golly.. I still haven't found a way to match my green saddle pad with the green breastcollar and a green shirt. Sigh... I can get two out of three, but not all three. But we did decide that the two turquoise outfits I had would be good options. One was the more teal and one was the more turquoise. So yay!
Then Sharon loaned me one of her 1" thick pads to use as a liner for my wool blanket, since the 1/2" pad didn't work for him. And.. it worked great! So she sold it to me for $20. Sweet. And I put his turquoise and cream blanket on over it and we rode and he seemed quite happy. I also finally moved his homemade headstall over to the buckaroo bosal to test that out and he seemed quite happy in it. Although at the end of the ride I was pulling on the reins and pulled it halfway off his chin. Ha ha. I should have taken a photo... he was goofy looking. But yay for functioning tack again.
Anyways... we got tacked up and Sharon went to lunge because Baylor had a bunch of time off since he bucked her off. Good thing she did because he was rowdy!! So I took the opportunity to go ride in the arena real quick. We warmed up very briefly and then trotted a tiny bit. And then I ran through our WE test and then played with some canter. Just enough to test out the saddle pad and bosal and make sure we were in good working order. He felt good and happy and seemed content. And we had a nice run through of our test so yay. Then we saw that Sharon was back at the trailer putting her bridle on, so we headed back.
We had a nice walk to the lake and then the boys splashed forever. Then we walked down through raccoon loop, crossed the bridge, and went alongside to the big creek crossing and then back up. As we came back up raccoon loop, we saw three little boys heads bobbing along. No helmets, so I'm pretty sure they were just on foot. They scared the horses a tiny bit so they stool tall and stared before they were willing to carry on. By then the boys had taken off down the trail. So we carried on and ended up taking the same trail they had, but we never did see them again. But then I saw a phone on the ground! I yelled for them, but they didn't respond, so i got off and picked it up. Luckily there was a fallen tree I could use to hop back up on. We hacked back and untacked and then Lucy came and got the phone. Good! I didn't know what to do with it and it was locked so I couldn't even call a number on it to tell them to let the person know. I suspect it was the kids that live near there and technically they were probably trespassing. But... oh well. Hopefully they won't get into too much trouble. At least they'll get their phone back. Assuming Lucy can figure out who it is.
It was a fun ride and relaxing.























No comments:
Post a Comment