Friday, August 28, 2026

Finally another ride

 Dan lost a shoe after our last ride but luckily Patrick came two days later and got it back on. I never did find it though. Or Lyrics missing shoe, but at least hers was at Ashland. I looked for Dan's for three days and never found it. But we got to ride today because it's back on!

 

I rode Funny first and when we finished it was rumbling almost non-stop. The skies were a little dark so I sat for a few and had a popsicle. But then.... nothing happened. And nothing kept happening. So I checked the radar and it showed a big bad storm in a little less than an hour. But, I decided to go for it. I was hoping that we could do a quick ride and beat the storm vs wait it out and then maybe lose my momentum and not ride. So I said a quick prayer and went to get Dan.

 

We tacked up super speedily and headed to the arena. We did a tiny bit of walking but then picked up the trot pretty quickly since he had been in the field and I didn't want to get rained out before we did anything. But we lucked out. It barely sprinkled a tiny bit and we were able to get in a full ride. In fact, it didn't end up doing anything so we could have ridden as long as we wanted. Which, we kind of did. 

 

We had a decent ride. He felt a little bit wobbly/weak in his hind end and didn't want to load that right hind. But he was a good boy and we had a decent ride. We did some trotting and cantering in general and then we played with the obstacles too. He wasn't as good as he was the other day, but he was still quite good. His canter was good too. And he didn't fall out of it at all, so yay. 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment