Monday, April 4, 2022

Good day with friends and sis

Ahhhhh... I needed today! I met Kelli and Peri for a hack and since Peri came, we didn't do any arena work. So I decided to bring Funny along. 

We had a fairly short trail ride - 45 minutes - because Marvin was struggling a little and was walking SUPER slow. And Peri was a bit tired and not up for too much more. But it was still lovely to be out and about with friends. Funny and Dan were super other than being a little annoyed he had to keep stopping to let Marvin catch up. Hee hee. At least when we headed home Marvin picked up the pace. :) 

When we got back to the trailer, Kelli went to the arena to try to get Marvin settled and Peri went to the arena and got off to hang out with Kelli. I put Funny on the trailer and let her have Dan's alfalfa. Then I got back on Dan and went to the arena. I figured it was good timing to try it since I had back up and the trailer was parked right by the arena AND Kimberly had finished her ride and was untacking Mellow which was a good distraction for Funny to watch. 

Funny did so good! She behaved and didn't have a tantrum. She neighed a few times. And Dan was a little tense and silly looking for her and calling to her too, but... we managed to get a tiny bit of relaxed walk and trot. I was probably only in the arena for 8 minutes total, but it's a start!! Yay! Hopefully I can start bribing her with alfalfa since she won't get a lot anymore and take them both out more often. :) 

Dan was better with his tongue now that his bit is higher, so... maybe we'll break this habit!


No comments:

Post a Comment