Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Busy Tuesday

I was SOOOOOO tempted to cancel my medical massage for my migraines today (at the last minute) and take Dan to Ashland. It was hot, but there was a nice breeze.... and it would have been a great day to dressage and then bareback to the lake for splashing! BUT... I had to work and do 5 horses this morning because of a scheduling snafu. And then that left me with almost 3 hours before my massage, but.... being that I was an hour from home and an hour from my appointment... I was stuck in no mans land. I should have cancelled, but... oh well. I got lunch and did some invoicing and then went and got the massage. Ouch! I'm more tender from that then from Dan kicking me in the gut. Sigh. I'm going to have to cancel my others I think. Especially because the injection seems to have cured my migraines. Anyways... I got home at 6ish and grabbed Dan! 

I had forgotten that the trailer wasn't hitched, and I was already hot and sweaty and ... honestly, I wanted to have time to finish the last Harry Potter book (again). Hee hee. So I opted to ride at home. I walked him up and left Funny and Dan in their stalls. She neighed once and then seemed fine. Dan walked politely with me, given that I had my crop. We had a good ride too. We did much more consistent half pass work at the trot and canter. We played with the counter canter and while it was hard and still a bit awkward, we held it. Even for a (albeit probably large) 3 loop. Both ways! We played with our simples again, but those have gotten a little frazzled again, so now it's probably time to go back to those. Sigh.. one step forward, two steps back. But it was a fun ride. 

Then when we got back, I decided to take Funny on a quick walk about so that Dan could cool down a bit more. We just walked to the lake and back. They were both good!






No comments:

Post a Comment