Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Sunday Funday

Well... today was supposed to be a trail ride with Kelli, Peri, and Liz. Peri ended up cancelling because Cuart had a sole bruise and while he was better, she had a show coming up and we thought it was best he didn't get foot sore right before. Kelli was always a tentative depending on the timing and Brian. Liz had to go early, so we opted for early, which put Kelli unavailable. And then Liz texted me first thing in the morning that she had been up vomiting all night with food poisoning. UGH! So... It's okay! I didn't have to go that early necessarily, but I had scheduled Dan's massage around it and it was easiest to go earlier so we did. 

Except I dawdled a little bit because I didn't have to meet Liz on time, so... we ended up not quite having as much time as I wanted before our massage. We did a nice little hack with a bit of trotting and finished in the XC field. I had wanted to just pop over a few fences so that when we went to Chatt, we had done something more recent than 2 weeks prior to the show. So, we did. We hopped over some coop or something... then went to the sharkstooth! We did it on the first try although it wasn't quite as brave, but we did it. We came a second time and were much braver! Then we did the two coops that were set up on a 3 stride and he did that great! So, we ended with that. Unfortunately we didn't really get to splash or play in the lake, but it's not as much fun without friends anyways. 

Dan got a good report for his massage, although she thought he was out in the poll, so I adjusted him real quick. Hopefully that will help some of the neck issues I'm suspecting are creeping abck again. 







No comments:

Post a Comment