Saturday, May 26, 2018

Dressage Drilling and a bareback halter swim ride


Today was a fun day, but... I was a mean mommy. Dan and I did some dressage in the epiphany again. Cindy was litting us try it for a few days. We had a really good ride but we kept getting the wrong canter lead. I'd ask for right, and get Left. I'd ask for Left and get Right. Ugh... I know it's me. It's not him. It's all me. And it's not the saddle, because we were struggling the last few ridest oo. I can't see to get my aids right. And the more I try, the worse it gets. Ugh.... So I drilled Dan on it. Well, I was drilling myself but it meant that he got drilled too. I'd get it twice and be ready to quit and then feel like I needed one more to make sure I had gotten the aids right. Shame on me.... That's so mean to my poor pony. I praised him a lot, but still. 

After our ride he was so hot and sweaty. I mean, it was hot and miserable with the sun just backing down anyways, but the trot to canter sets was tough. He was so sweaty he had butt foam and that had dripped down onto his boots. So... I decided to take him to the lake! But no way was I riding the epiphany down there. So I untacked and decided to even take his bridle off. He was super!


We were chilling and relaxing and then all of a sudden Danny scrambled up out of the lake and was 1/2 second away from bolting! I had the halter on. No bit. There was no way I was going to stop him if he bolted. Luckily it was Clay in the car and once Dan realized what it was, he breathed and was fine. Phew! We had a nice relaxing ride back home. 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment