
We rode at home today. He tried hard and was actually a pretty good boy. We worked on neck reining and me using quieter aids. We worked on better bend and connection. I have to change my rein length so much. Ugh. In order to get the better bend and connection I end up taking up so much slack on the reins. And I don't like that. I'd really prefer to ride him on the "drape". But then he just plods along. Ugh. But we also worked on our backing up and the serpentines. We got a nice canter too but he did lose his hind end twice. And is braced again in the transitions. Especially the transition into the canter but also, a little bit when we go up to the trot too. Ugh... But he was a good boy and it was a good ride. I need to remember to ride off my seat!! He does listen. I'm so ready for my bosal to get here though!! Maybe my rein aids will be better in that. I'm also ready for my saddle to get here, because lengthening down centerline bareback isn't fun! ha!
I always appreciate your "helpfullness" too. Thanks bubs!



















No comments:
Post a Comment