Monday, November 6, 2023

Thank you God!

 Today was a good day! A really good day!

 

And honestly... people are going to want to slap me for this, but I LIKE daylight savings change. :) I mean... it's winter.. we lose daylight. Whether it's dark at 5:30 today vs 6:30 today.. it's gonna be dark by 5:30 at some point this winter. And I like being able to wake up in daylight vs cold AND dark. And I like being able to go inside and be done with the day before 9 pm. I like eating dinner before 9:30 pm. I like the forced rest. Ha.. "rest". And sure, once it gets cold, dark, and dreary, I'll not be as happy, but... for now... I like it. And I even got to still sneak in a ride today But yes, I woke up to a nice warming up quickly sunrise. I saw a hawk on my way to work (And in the same spot on my way home!).  I worked on 4 horses at Kristin's and then "adjusted" her long yearling. She was a little too squirrely to really feel so I just motioned what I could and showed her that people aren't always doing rude things to you. She was a pretty good girl. Then Kristin fed me a toaster strudel. Yum. Then I worked on two horses at Anna's and both her and Kristin said nice things to make me feel good about myself. And then I got home in time to sneak in a quick ride. But most importantly... Dan was Sound!!!!! Thank you God! 

 
We got on and rode to the culdesac and up to the arena that way. He felt good. We did a good long walk warm up and then a stretchy trot and I really only felt some very slight aberations when we went from right to tracking left, which is when I had been feeling things before. And it was even more subtle than previously, so... phew! I think we avoided blowing a tendon with all his jigging and piaffing this weekend. Thank you God! 

 
We had a good ride. It was short.. only 25 minutes of work and most of that was walk. I just really wanted to feel him out and make sure he was good before we went XC schooling tomorrow! We did some leg yield and some lengthens and then had a nice canter. We did some canter to walk to canter and then 2 shallow serpentines each way. He was super! After that we headed to the lake for a quick cool down hack and to watch the sunset. And he snacked on the good green grass that was still around. 

So... tomorrow.. saddle fitting bright and early and then XC schooling at Chatt. Yay!!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment