Saturday, May 7, 2022

Trying to cheer up

 Kind of depressed.. not gonna lie. Was aiming to be XC schooling in an attempt to prep for our next run at training level, but instead we're now facing another setback... another vet visit... and possibly stall rest. Which is the worst for us. Like.. I just feel like he's finally forgiven me for the first time and now.... 

Plus it's a bit cold today and overcast. I planted flowers which brightened my day a bit. Debated taking Funny for another pool party, but.. it was so cold! I mean... I rode in a long sleeved sun shirt but it was a bit chilly and I spent most of the day in a sweatshirt. 

At the last minute decided to just take Dan, because I also wanted to feel him out. I'll still go to Kentucky, but.. I'm not convinced the lameness wasn't a fluke/one off thing. Sadly, I was wrong. He had one gram of bute this am, and was galloping around the pasture and looks great, but he doesn't feel perfect. He doesn't feel lame... but he feels a bit funky at times. We just walked the trails with a little bit of trot and canter. and then finished in the arena with about 2 trot circles each way and 1 canter circle each way. LOVELY downward transitions! He's getting to where he's keeping his energy ball in his center. 

Sigh... the ride helped. It was nice and beautiful out despite the chill. But I'm still sad and blue. 









No comments:

Post a Comment