Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Working on sit and fast hind feet

 Today we went to Ashland and it was finally warm! The ring was still a bit mushy, but better than mine. Although mine will hopefully be fixed soon! 

Kelli met me and watched us ride. She gave us some pointers. She reminded me that my pelvis wants to rotate to the left side, thus making it hard for Dan to bend right. Oh yeah. Ugh... of course I have to figure out how to move my pelvis without shoving my left shoulder forward too and giving up the outside rein connection. 

 (Dan was hiding behind Funny earlier as he was staring at the guys working on the road! hee hee). 

And basically.. she pointed out that Dan has to go a little deeper now to get through and round and not braced and that I need to find the right tempo for him. He tends to get quick and when he gets quick, he gets a little runny and goes past his balance. So I have to find that right speed and rhythm to keep him balanced, which then allows his hind end to move quicker but lets him still stay through and balanced and off his forehand. 

We got some good trots and canters and played with the halfpass. It wasn't great, but... we got a few steps of lovely going to the right and a few steps of decent going left. I think we even got a full change that maybe then had another full change back to the original lead. :) 

We did a quick hack around the lake afterwards but didn't get to do anything else sadly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment