Sunday, December 5, 2021

Last Day of Vacation

 Can I be a kept lady? I really enjoyed just chilling and riding this week. Dan may not have been as thrilled... he got ridden a bit more than usual. ;) ha! Today was a chill day. I wanted to ride but... I ate breakfast, then went to Kroger and Tractor Supply and got more hay for the dogs. Then Mike and I fixed their stall again trying to make them warm. And then I pressure washed the trailer. It was pretty filthy and it looks so shiny and clean now! So then I rode! Because the truck wasn't hitched... and the trailer was still damp... and honestly, I just didn't quite feel like driving... I rode at home. Although in retrospect... riding at home is just not a good idea unless I'm jumping or have time to clear out the arena and drag it. It's just too hard to do movements with the jumps in the way and the deep spots. But.. he tried. We had some good moments. Some not so good moments. I still can't quite get him to truly be in the outside rein without the twist tracking left. But we did have some collection in response to my seat aids. We had some nice trot half pass and some nice medium trots. The canter half passes kind of sucked today, but we did manage a haunches in figure 8 at the canter. Both ways. And we practiced with some counter canter on the rail and picking up the counter canter. So.. not bad. Just... not spectacular. But I'm also just in a mood today. Stupid hormones. 

And then I washed the truck. And rehitched and parked the rig out from under the trees, so they don't get nasty again. Well, as quickly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment