Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Eve Fun

BRRRRR!!! It was a chilly ride this morning. But it got much better once we got moving. We have Christmas at Mom Searls at 1 today so Mike wanted to leave by 11. And, I'm actually kind of proud of me. Despite staying up way too late, I got up early enough to get out the door, get to Ashland, put in a 45 min to 1 hour ride, untack, get home and get showered and changed and ready for Christmas by 1o:58! Go me!

 

Before we left, we met the Christmas unicorn!

But anways, it was chilly but we did a quick walk around the little lake and then headed to the dressage arena. I did a little bit of our lateral homework, focusing on keeping the walk steady and crisp and not letting it get lateral. Then we did some transitions, working on our homework. It's getting easier! We did lots of trot to walk to trot and then added in some canter to trots to canters and then even some walk to canter to walks. The upwards and definitely improving. The downwards are still hard, but we're making progress. 

Then we did some trot half pass work and then some leg yielding and then went onto the canter. We played with the half pass and holy moly!!! He's got a legit canter half pass now!!!! The only problem is that when we hit the rail, we panic. We've gotten to where sometimes we can hold the counter canter for a tiny bit, or I can ask for a decent downward to trot. And once today... we even got a legit simple change with very little walk steps in between, so.. it was almost a change!! Then we worked on our collecting work and got some nice decent trot. But man.. my core is getting a work out. It's like I can't breathe when I use my core, so I'm huffing and puffing. ha ha! Time to start running! So yep. Then my time went off and it was time to go so we did one or two nice medium trots across the diagonal and down centerline and halted, somewhat non-dramatically! Then a quick untack and home we went!










No comments:

Post a Comment