Sunday, October 3, 2021

Hmmmm.... but good boy

 So.... Today I spent the majority of my day "babysitting" Funny to make sure she behaved herself. I didn't go see Mom, who just got back from Greece, Italy, and Spain. I didn't go ride at Ashland or anywhere else. But, we did ride at home and I did get Dan clipped! Finally! And I got Funny grazed and changed her bandage and pulled off her bloody gauze. And did some laundry and some dishes and also even managed to hang out with Mike and get ice cream and dinner. So... yay!

We had an okay ride. I set all the jumps down to poles on the ground and once we were warmed up we did that. We got pretty decent at it. I didn't do a ton because it's still supposed to be a lighter ride. We also played a tiny bit with the half-pass and... I sort of feel like we got it as good as we have in the past, but still not great. We did a good medium trot and then mostly just worked on the correct bend. I was focusing on my seat and aids. He felt very uphill, but he still felt like he wanted to twist going to the left. Argh. I could alter my seat and core and legs a little and it would get better, but not consistently. But we finished with some good work and called it a day. Hopefully I can get him adjusted and acupunctured tomorrow. And maybe that will help. And maybe his neck injections need longer to kick in. He felt pretty amazing in the hind end though and felt really uphill like he was sitting!

He was so hot and sweaty so I gave him a bath and then put him in his stall with some hay to keep Funny company and dry off. I had lunch and then after I ate and grazed Funny, he got his haircut. He was soooo good. Like.. I just put him in the crossties and did all of him. Legs, body, T-rex in the butt... Well, there was one moment where he freaked out for some reason and pulled back, but... then he was fine. And he let me do his poll even, and most of his face. I still can't get right around his ears and up on his forehead by his ears, but much closer than previously. Honestly, I think the flymask helped. He had so many flies going after his sweaty face crustries that I put the mask on while I did his body. And he let me get all the way up his ear base with it on, whereas before he'd get ticklish halfway up his neck. So... good to know. 

He looks so shiny and dark! Hopefully he'll feel much better and be easier to keep clean now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment