Friday, October 15, 2021

Friggin Horses!!!

 Sigh.... Wed was a rough day... Came home from work and Funny was more lame... but her appt is tomorrow am. Then I fed and hung a hay net (UP HIGH) for Dan because he's strewing his hay everywhere and making a mess and wasting it and I'm running out of places to spread the manure/shavings/hay and.. it's annoying. And before I was finished I noticed that he is squinting and has tears streaming down his face. Daniel Floyd Breaux! I tried to look and I didn't see any obvious ulcers.. but his conjunctive was very red. I tried flushing his eye out with saline but he was flinging his head and I was just exhausted and emotionally on empty and it was already 10 pm and I hadn't even had dinner, so I gave up. I probably shouldn't have. I should have sedated him and flushed it better...  because the next morning, Dan was squinting and his eye was swollen. Sigh... I texted Dr. Eggleston and asked if I could bring Dan in too. Luckily, they were able to fit me in.

I loaded him up, with his flymask on, and then got Funny on. We got to UGA and they took Dan back and then they took Funny and then I sat and waited. And Funny and Dan screamed for each other because they went to separate wings. So... we got good news back on Funny (see her post) and then finally got news on Dan. Of course, he has an ulcer. Luckily it's small, under the lid, and no organisms in it yet. Of course, being ophtho and not general practice, they only see the awful eye ulcers so they were being a bit more aggressive than possibly needed. Which is fine. So I convinced them that despite me not being able to flush his eye, I should be able to medicate him and not need an SPL. So we got to go home. With eye meds 4 times a day. Sigh... 

So no riding for us today. And maybe not this weekend. Argh! 



No comments:

Post a Comment