Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Rainy Day Reset... kind of...

 Today was a rainy day. Except it wasn't. I mean, it was, but not like it was supposed to be. Not like the weather men predicted. Sigh. Of course not. In some ways I was looking forward to spending the day curled up on the couch with a book and my blog... but in some ways, I was anxious to get stuff done. And I was supposed to have a XC lesson with Jacel. Last night they said the rain was going to start in the morning... this morning it was moved up to noonish.... then at 11 it was more like 1, but definitely pouring and stormy by my lesson at 2:30. So we cancelled my lesson. And then of course... it wasn't. Sigh. I ended up riding at home around 11:30. We met Jean in the arena and had a little chat and a nice ride together. I finished up and only had a little bit of light drizzle. We started to walk down the driveway and I was contemplating a neighborhood hack but it started to drizzle harder so we headed in. And sure enough, once I got in the barn, it rained. But still only a light rain (but not drizzle) and then it stopped pretty quickly after it started. Oh well. It was a nice ride! Dan was pretty good. I worked on my new dressage position. Which isn't as hard as I was expected. Except, maybe that means I'm not quite doing it. But.. baby steps! And we worked on shortening and lengthening the canter with my seat aids! And it works, but I do have to add more leg, but.. he's also sitting and working harder, so that seems fair... right?!? At least he's not breaking to the trot anymore. We also got some really nice trot half pass and a decent canter right half pass. The canter left half pass is a no go. He swaps or breaks. I'm guessing my body positioning isn't helping and also guessing that is his stiffer/harder side too. We also got some really nice canter to walk to canters! And a lovely medium trot! 

He also got bemered and then I put his mane in ponytails to help train it to lay the right way. Hopefully his hood won't rub them out! 

And then I spent the rest of the day lazing around the house. Well, I did do one Chloe Ting work out and the warm up, swept the house, did the dishes, and some laundry, but... I also lazed around. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment