Saturday, March 6, 2021

Have Saddle, but now no Shoe

 Daniel Floyd Breaux!!!! You really need to behave yourself! Uncle Freddie is going to fire us! Sigh... I can't find the shoe. It's a front one. I expected to find it on a gate, but... nope. We were supposed to meet Kelli and Liz and Peri for a trail ride... but Kelli couldn't get away... I was going to be late because I spent the day helping Mike... then Peri bailed cause she was tired, and then Liz was late too. I finally finished with Mike around 3:30 though (when we had originally planned on meeting) so I figured I'd just ride here so we could go out to dinner at a reasonable hour. And I grab Dan and he's shoeless. Sigh. Well... it's sand. I know, I'm a mean mom. I lunged him first for a little bit and then we went up to ride. I tried to not do a lot. And by our standards, we didn't. We got a fairly decent trot half pass. And by fairly decent, I mean that you could tell that's what we were attempting... and he started to lead with the haunches but I fixed it. We just need a little more bend and a little more cross over, but... :) We also did some canter halfpass but that's still not even close. We did our canter to walk to canters and had a few really good ones. We had some good reinback. And that was about it. Then he got bemered on all four legs and his back, so I'm not entirely a horrible mom. 

I was supposed to have a jump lesson with Kelly tomorrow too. :( Dangit Daniel... I was looking forward to that! Sigh... Hopefully Freddie can come soon. Hopefully I will find the shoe! Maybe tomorrow we'll practive ponying Funny. Maybe we'll even take Funny and Dan on a trailer ride. :) We'll see. :) 


You gotta stop and smell the flowers when you are on a shoe hunt :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment