Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Blecchhhhh

 

This weekend was frustrating, but probably what I needed. Saturday I got up early to clean the house and sneak in a ride before Mom came to visit. I got on Dan and he just felt meh. We tried to do our walk warm up and get him looser and happier. Oh, and then... there was a hawk in the arena. It kept half flapping off and I thought it was injured. I wasn't trying to chase it, but... we sort of did a bit. Then I went to open the gate so it could hop out and it beat me to it and went out the hole in the fence and then flew up to the tree top. Well.. huh?! Dan didn't spook though. :) So we did a little bit of work and he got a little better but he kept snatching the reins out of my hands and then he started grabbing at his shoulder. Like he had a fly there and wanted to push it off. But.. it was cold! No flies. And he was incessant about it. He's done that before and at the time I thought it was an evasion, but... he became adamant about it Saturday. So I thought maybe he really was sore.. maybe he's got bursitis or his neck was bothering him. So I tried to stretch him out.. let him rest a bit. And then I'd try to pick him back up again and same thing. Sigh. But me, being me, couldn't leave it at that, so I did make him at least do SOMETHING... and that something ended up being a fairly nice walk to R lead canter to walk to L lead canter to walk. Then I called it quits. We also had struggles backing today too. So I was frustrated over the "not really a ride" ride...and worried about if he was sore and if so, what was sore and how was I going to fix it. 

Then Mom showed up and she met Funny and we said hi to the boys. Then we went to lunch.. then we went antiquing to look for art for the house. We found some cool stuff. Then it was late and time to feed. Oh, and I had a headache turned migraine pretty much the entire day too. 

And then Sunday it poured... all morning. Like constant rain. And it was cold and miserable. So Mike and I went and got lunch and bought some frames to hang some art. Then we hung it. And it finally did quit raining but I had another migraine... took a little nap... and by the time we finished the frames and such, it was too late to ride. But... maybe Dan and I both needed a day off. Sigh... Still frustrating though. 





No comments:

Post a Comment