Saturday, February 13, 2021

And more rain.....

 So... the rain came Thursday... and it kept raining for a good bit of yesterday.... and today....  Sigh. It is nasty! It was a great day to sleep in and stay in the wary dry house in your pj's. Except... Dan had a massage appointment. So I hooked up the trailer in the rain... caught the horse in the farthest corner of the pasture... and drove to another barn... for his massage. Ha! Yeah.... he's kind of spoiled. ;) But I'm glad we did. It was helpful to see what Kathleen felt as comparison. All good news. :) 

And then by the time she had finished... it had actually stopped raining. So... since I was already hitched and loaded and had conveniently put on my riding clothes... we decided to hit up Ashland on our way home. I was almost tempted to not go... it was later than I had thought it would be... it was cold... it was damp.... BUT... I'm jump judging tomorrow so not sure I'll get to ride... then Monday I'm working... so... we did. And I'm so glad we did. It was actually quite warm with my winter boots, fleecey breeches, and long jacket. We had a good ride! We did a tiny bit of canter and some trotting, but mostly just walked and did hills. We needed a good fitness ride. And it was only an hour, but we did manage 4 miles, so we at least got some fitness in. :) And I feel much better! Not so cranky or irritated with life anymore. Ahhhhhh.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment