Tuesday, September 24, 2024

I'm so blessed

 Forgive me... I know I'll revert back to whining, being greedy, etc later. But for now, I woke up grateful and thankful. I'm grateful that God has answered my prayers... I still have Fleck to enjoy and love on. I still have Dan to enjoy and love on. He's happier and more comfortable after his neck surgery. He's still rideable. God has answered a lot of my prayers and today I chose to appreciate what I do have instead of lamenting on what I'm still missing out on. (We'll see how long this lasts though... hormones y'all... hormones are no joke!). 

 

After lunch I grabbed Danomite and tacked him up. We rode at home because it was already late enough in the day. I didn't really have a plan but we headed up to the arena and did some walk work. Then we did some lateral work. Then we did some trot walk trot transitions (15 each way) to help train his brain/nerves. Then we cantered and did some canter trot canter transitions. (Definitely NOT 15... like... 3). And then we played over the poles a little. We even did some walk and trot half passes (baby ones) and some trot lengthens. And he was trying!!! He was trying so hard and doing everything. And most of it quite decently. He stayed soft throughout most of it and softened when I asked him to. But... he was struggling a little bit. Whenever his right front was on the rail I could hear the dirt hitting the wood and felt like it was because he was dragging that foot a bit. He wasn't lame and he was happy to work. But there was a slight bit of drag/delay in that limb and the canter was a bit more labored. 

 

But you guys.... he's trying as hard as me! He wants to work and play. He wants to make me happy. How lucky am I?! His heart is so big! I had fun and then called it quits. It's hard to not push him too much because he gets all quick and bouncy and feels like he wants to go. And he keeps saying Yes! But... he was also fatiguing and it's hot still and he's hairy. And we did have fun. We had a good ride and did fun things, so... we took a leisurely walk home through the pasture. 

 
He got a nice long rinse and even let me spray his face. And then he had a nice roll. And then when I caught Lyric, I heard him IN the water trough... which he then flipped partially over. Doh! 

I love him so. I really hope that we can find something fun to do together that he enjoys and can remain comfortable doing. Something more than just trails because.... my heart will break if I push him to the back burner because the girls take up more time. He doesn't deserve that. And maybe trails will be enough. There's lots of fun places we can go... and places we haven't even been yet. So.. thank you God... thank you for this beautiful beast who is trying his best to get better. And thank you for answered prayers... and thank you for forgiving me (yet again) for being greedy and wanting more. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment