Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Better!! Much better!!

 So... today was a good day! I rode all 3 ponies!! I ended up riding Dan at home, and it was just a quick ride. I figured it was ideal to make sure he didn't have PTSD from the sprinklers. Plus I had already hauled to Ashland twice today. (I really need to get them all happy in the trailer while I ride the other because... time, fuel....). But anyways... we just rode at home. I did put him in the jump bridle, and because I was starving already, I just left the bit on the 2nd ring vs the loose ring. And I didn't have it cranked up, but it does have the flash and the noseband is a little bit tighter than his dressage one. But... I just... don't want to have the tongue thing become a habit. 

 
We walked up to the arena and did our pillars. Then I got on and did lots of walking. Then we trotted and cantered and we did our homework from Kelly. Lots of leg yields... keeping his neck long but not too long. And he was pretty darn great! He felt asymmetic a few times... like.. hind limb lame on occasion today. Sigh... But then he seemed to work out of it. So maybe he's just sore from seizing up all his muscles on Sunday... or maybe there is something subtle in the stifle still there. But.. no chomping... no tongue. Just snatching at his shoulder a few times. Oh, and towards the end, he left his stifle behind (like way behind) a few times. 

 

But again, overall, a decent ride. We even leg yielded in the canter. I do sort of like the shorter jump reins... They definitely aren't long enough for hacking or really stretching, but... they kept me from letting him get too long and low but also made it easier to keep track of where he needed to be since they have the stops. Ie.. the last stop. 

 

Then we hacked back home. But since I was starving, we didn't do the neighborhood. 


He was silly earlier today when I was bringing Lyric to the trailer for her ride. I wonder if he's jealous!


oh, and the other day.. he desperately wanted more cookies when I was bribing Lyric. ha ha...


No comments:

Post a Comment