Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Bonus Ride

 Today was a weird day! It stormed HARD last night. Like heavy heavy rains, lots of lightning, and some heavy winds. There were tornados in Mississippi I think even. And it was rather warm. Well, ish. It was like 60 degrees today, although other than the brief hour or two the sun came out, it was pretty overcast and damp and chilly for being 60 degrees. And then tonight, it's dropping to 30 and the winds started up this afternoon. Very windy! But, I did get done with work at 3 and was home by 3:45. I was going to try to ride with Kelli but the arena's at Ashland were closed and Kelli didn't want to risk trail riding with as wet as it was, so... I was on my own. I was tempted to go to Ashland as Dan and I haven't trail ridden in forever, but... by the time I would have gotten there it would have been 4:30 and it gets dark so early, so... I opted to lunge and ride at home. Which was a good choice! I was able to lunge, ride, adjust him, feed, and then it was still 7:30 when Mike and I got to dinner. 

 
When I caught him they were up by the arena so I took a peek! I LOVE MY ARENA! There was a few puddles but shallow and the footing held up great. I didn't even get any more run off than previously (pretty sure) despite the massive heavy rains! 

So we lunged first and he was pretty good. I did put two ground poles in the arena. I didn't plan ahead or I would have done alternating raised poles and done more, but.. at least I got two. He was a good boy and lunged nicely over them. And he was picking up his feet better today. So after a short lunge... I got on. We practiced our homework and he was super. We even did some leg yields and some transitions. It was only 23 minutes of riding, but... it was worth it! Afterwards I put his back on track sheet on for a few minutes, then I adjusted him and did some fascial work. He was so happy. Then I bemered him, fed him, put his dino jammies on, and let him go. Good boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment