Thursday, June 9, 2022

So proud of the beast

So.... we're surviving! Barely! Ha. Well, some of us are barely surviving. Me... it's me. But Dan is doing so well. I'm so stinking proud of him! I mean, sure... he's got 25 tablets of Trazadone on board each day, but he's behaving himself quite well. :) 

He's been mostly good and isn't being too loud or too rowdy. And our hand grazing is a gabillion million times better then it was 5 years ago. He's only actually gone up once and it was very short lived. He's snaked his head once or twice, but settled when I growled at him. And then, that one time, he got loose, but that was because I was distracted because I thought the dogs might be eating a cat. And even then he only trotted slowly and then cantered slowly up the hill and stopped and let me catch him. So.... HUGE improvements!

He wasn't even that bad after I left him in for a day and a half while Fleck and I went to the beach. Of course there was significant shenanigans right when we got home. Funny had also been locked in and she was probably part of the problem. They both saw Fleck and were cowabunga-ing in their pens. I even heard a board get kicked. I don't know which one it was, but...  And then when I put Fleck in there, him and Dan went all feral again and started to revert to wild stallion behavior. Seriously boys?! You've lived together for 11 years! Funny's been there for 2 years. Get over it! They were being awful so I kicked Funny and Fleck out and took Dan for a walk. He was a hair feisty in the beginning but then was happy to be eating so he settled and munched. Then after he sat in his bemer and then he was good in his stall, even when I brought Fleck and Funny back in for dinner. I think Fleck was tired and Dan was drugged and they just got over it. BUT.... ha! After I fed them I checked waters again, and... despite just having filled them with fresh cold water... Dan showed me his displeasure at not going to the beach. Doh! 

Then later while I was fixing dinner... he was literally cantering laps in and out of his stall into his patio for about 20 minutes. I'm not sure if Funny was too or what, but he definitely was. Good grief! He settled down shortly and then they were all fine after that. Goobers!





No comments:

Post a Comment