Tuesday, September 29, 2020

And we gallop!

 Today was a fun day. Mike and I spent the morning moving some of the jumps out of the way of the arena and dragging it. Then Mike hung out in the shade and watched me and Dan ride. Sigh.. he's still lame though. Poo. We did some trotting and some leg yielding. And then I decided we could canter. It's been long enough and we've basically done a week of 12 minutes of trotting, which was the prerequisite. So.. we did. Just a little bit. And it was awesome!! He picked up the canter from the walk both ways very nicely! Not perfect, but quite nice considering it's been... oh, since April!

After I took Dan on the loop around the neighborhood. I forgot to time it exactly but I think the loop around the 1080 house of Jean's is almost a mile. So we walked there.. then trotted the loop. Only Dan turned it into a power trot and I had to duck and weave around some of the lower hanging branches and such. We stopped for a few photo ops. :) Then, we hit the last little section so I let him canter. Except he took off like a bullet and squirted off! Which was fun! But we came to the end a LOT quicker than either of us expected and turned quick.... but slid out a little behind in those slide plates! eeeks! I managed to get him back and then we walked back home. :) 













No comments:

Post a Comment