Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Fun Day with Sissy

 Today we had a tagalong :) 

We had great fun at Ashland today. I decided to put Fleck's beach bridle on Dan today. It was the vespucci figure 8 and the wonder bit. I had to raise it to the top holes but it was still lower in his mouth than his real bridle. I know it's not a fair "test" as he had Funny with him and I didn't really ask him to come into the bridle. BUT... I also knew there was likely to be a pool party and it's a little less stressful for this bridle to get wet. Although at this point, I'm guessing it's moot! Anyways... for what it's worth, he didn't mess with his tongue a single time. 

 

We had a good day. We just walked around and snacked a little bit. We spooked at the big heron as soon as we started our trail ride. Then we had two hawks fly overhead right near us. And then, we surprised a fawn and I even caught a photo of her! We played at the lake and Dan splashed a good boy and rubbed his face on Fun's bum. 

Once we got back to the trailer I put her back on and switched him to his new lunging cavesson! Finally! I got one that fits and has the correct layout and is quality! Except it's almost orange leather! Ugh. Hopefully I can find some of my darkening stuff and use that. It's not terrible on Dan, but it's pretty awful on Funny (color wise.. it fits her too!). Anyways, I took him out for a short lunge session. The arena's were closed from the rain. And even though she said they may reopen at 1, and it was 12:45, and even though the arena's looked fine... I decided to be a good member and just lunge in the grass area in front of the arena's. I made sure I wasn't tearing up the grass either. :) Funny was carrying on in the trailer but Dan pretty much ignored her. Which was pretty awesome given how upset he was at Rana's. He was wonderful and lunged well. Except for him grabbing the rope 4 or 5 times and immediately spinning and going the other way. The good news is that if I just let go... ie, don't play tug of war... it's boring and he quits trying to run and spits the line out. HA!!! I'm onto you now! But he did well and looked pretty happy and sound and jaunty even! Yay! He got rinsed and then I put him on the trailer while I worked her. He was a little fussy in the beginning but settled quickly too. Good ponies!!!







 





No comments:

Post a Comment