Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Snorty Snorts

I realize it makes no sense.... but... I LOVE snorty Dan. Sure, I don't like dealing with Snorty Dan on the ground when he has to be locked in a stall. But snorty Dan is an easier to ride Dan. I love the super sport and how high it makes him. And.. today was a good day for snorting dragon ponies. It was 60 degrees last night and raining. And still 58 degrees this morning. I put them in their stalls to dry because the temp started to drop. And boy did it plummet! It was okay around noon but by 2ish when we went to go ride... the wind was whipping and it was getting cold!! I put on my fleecey breeches, fleece lined shirt, heat reflective vest, jacket and winter boots. 

When we got to Ashland there was a sad little skinny doggy who flushed a bunch of deer out and then scooted off. I was going to leave him some food, but I didn't have any in my car. :( Odd...  So that spooked Dan a little right when I got on! Literally I thought that I had landed too hard in the saddle getting on because he scooted! But nope.. it was the dog and deer. So we carried on and he was whuffling the whole way. Hee hee. I LOVE that! We had a nice marching walk! We had to keep to walking most of the way because it was so slick after all the rain. It was quite spooky... over cast.. the wind was whipping... temps were continuing to drop.... branches falling randomly...  Dan was jumpy!! We did end up cantering a little bit by the Hooky Trail because Dan slipped a little in the leaves while walking and broke into the canter and then kept cantering. He actually slipped less when he was cantering then when he was walking. Ha! We explored and did some different patterns than usual.. trying to get more hills. We did spy a little beaver in the creek! He jumped in and swam underwater as we approached, so I am not 100% sure what it was. 



We ended up at the jump arena and I wasn't going to play... but then I saw a two fun grids set up and they were set at amoeba level, so... we went in and went through them just for fun. :) 

And tonight.. the low with the windchill will be 24 degrees!! Both boys got their heavy jammies on. Hopefully they'll stay warm!









No comments:

Post a Comment